PRICE: $150 – $700
BOOK APPOINTMENT NOW!
Anti-wrinkle injections are a natural, purified protein that relaxes wrinkle causing muscles, creating a rejuvenated appearance. The active ingredient in anti-wrinkle treatments is derived from bacteria in sterile laboratory conditions similar to the process in which Penicillin is derived from mould. Anti-wrinkle injections are a prescription-only medicine and treatment is only available from a qualified medical professional.
There are wrinkles, and then there are wrinkles!
Anti-wrinkle injections are designed to stop the muscle from contracting and forming wrinkles. This can essentially leave you with a smoother and more youthful appearance. However, it is extremely important to understand that anti-wrinkle injections may not immediately improve static lines, or lines that are present at rest.
Dynamic wrinkles are those caused by the repeated use of the muscles of facial expression. Static wrinkles are those that occur as consequence of ageing of the skin. Sleep wrinkles are caused by lying on the side of the face in bed. These form oblique lines across the cheeks.
The forehead wrinkles, the vertical wrinkles above the nose between the eyebrows, the horizontal wrinkles across the bridge of the nose and down the sides of the upper part of the nose, the ‘crow’s feet’ at the corners of the eye, the wrinkles of the lower eyelid.
It should be noted that these wrinkles occur in the upper face which is the most common area of complaint. One notable exception is the down-sloping grooves at each corner of the mouth. Which is due to over action or repeated action of muscles that depress the corners of the mouth in a downward direction.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Masseter injection; the masseter muscles are on each side of the face in front of the ear and are used for chewing food. In some people, these are over developed often as a result of ‘bruxism’ (clenching of the jaws)… This is usually a sub conscious habit that especially occurs at night during sleep. The aesthetic result is a wide appearance of the face from the front view. This is a particular problem seen in some Asians and is a genetic trait.The result of injection in the masseter’s is a narrowing of the width of the face, often changing a squared appearance to an oval as seen from the front view.
- Depressor Anguli Oris; (DAO) the muscles that depress the angles of the mouth in a downward direction can be injected to reduce their effects and produce an elevation at the corners of the mouth.
- It has been used successfully in the upper face to reduce headaches.
- It is used with remarkable effect in those with spastic muscle disorders.
- Excessive sweating (known as hyperhydrosis) injections is a proven effective treatment for: axillary hyperhydrosis (underarms), palmar hyperhydrosis (palm of hands), Anti wrinkle injections are placed superficially in the skin of the area being treated. Most clients can expect an improvement of 85% or more in sweating; with results remaining effective between 6 – 12 months
Please be advised that this service is subject to our Terms and Conditions.